Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Repurposing leftovers

Last night I hit myself with a sledgehammer. No, it wasn't on purpose -- I was told to hit a 200 lb tire. (Crossfit, duh). I think it might have been Karma.... I was thinking of a certain someone, I thought it would be therapeutic :: Shrugs::

 So the combination of a swollen shin + tridiculous sorenes from benchmark workouts the day before means I was in too much pain to fall asleep right away. I feel my sore abs every time I take a deep breath, cough or sneeze. 

I went to bed at 10:30, didn't fall asleep till 12:30 --- slept in till 8am.

8:30 am I remember feeling hungry in bed last night, but I was not very hungry this morning, at least not for real food. I decided to get my daily fruit in as the first meal of the day and got my paleo smoothie of kale, coconut, mango and banana.

I went home for lunch only to find out that our running water was shut off and we were out of eggs! So much for that idea. You know whats going to be interesting? To see how I stick to Paleo when our kitchen is demolished on Monday. 

1pm - I ended up buying lunch, 5 oz tri tip and salad greens with balsamic dressing. It was meh, but I was actually hungry ( probably because I didn't have a morning snack), so I appreciated the protein and the veggies very much. 

3:30 pm Snack of raw almonds and walnut

5:45 Dinner - Remember the Paleo Panang Curry from yesterday? It was much too rich for me then, especially since I find myself craving light foods these days, So I set about to repurposing the curry. I simply put a big tablespoon of the curry into a cup of beef broth, added some corn kernels and brought it to a simmer. Talk about fast fod! Less than 5 minutes and I had an amazing dinner. 

Yes, I worked out today, swollen shin and all :)

Addicted to crossfit much???

No comments:

Post a Comment