Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Daily eats and week one Paleo results

WOW! Thursday was a long busy day, out of the house from 8am - 9:30pm. 
Breakfast
Breakfast: 3 thin slices of uncured all natural hickory smoked bacon and 1 egg. I need to figure out a better way to cook bacon, im a newbie. Do you drain the oil? How often? Is it better to bake it in the oven? 

Right after breakfast I wanted something sweet, a piece of fruit, but i told myself to wait a half an hour and if i wanted it, I could have it then. Half an hour later the craving was gone and I was to busy to care. I got so busy I couldn't even stop for  a second to have a morning snack.  I could probably address this by better meal planning, including finding more snacks to have on hand. There is always room for improvement.
Paleo Egg Drop Soup
Lunch Homemade Paleo egg drop soup
Paleo Snack
Afternoon Snack Granny Smith Apple w/  almond butter + coconout oil. I was hesitant to try this combination, but its SO GOOD. I think if I add a pinch of cinnamon to the dip next time it will be even better.

Second afternoon snack- raw almonds (10)

I was in a meeting until 7 pm and literally and to run, ok fine run out the door, then drive, to make it to Crossfit by 7:30

Got home at 9:15.... made a salad of: avocado, brussel sprouts, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, lemon and dried mint, + glass of coconut milk

Fast Forward to Today

It felt like I barely slept last night, maybe I got 5 hours.  I'm not sure why this is happening Is it because I'm working out too late or because my body is so sore?

Paleo Smoothie
Breakfast: A slight variation on my Paleo Smoothie: Kale, Mango, Banana, Peach, Coconut. 
This combination is starting to taste too sweet for me though, I think I need to adjust the kale to fruit ratio.  

You know what would be awesome?  A Blendtec or Vitamix caliber personal blender... the size of the magic bullet or something. I could take it to work, or make smoothies in my bedroom when our kitchen gets demolished on Monday, and I'm left without a kitchen for 2 months. Yikes!


I stopped by the box at noonish to get weighed in before I grabbed lunch.

Results of Paleo Challenge, Week one: 2.8 lbs down, .5% body fat gone. YAY! 

Lunch: Customized Chicken Bowl from Baja Fresh: No rice, no bean, substituted with cabbage and grilled corn; 3 oz of guacamole,  1 oz of salsa.

Breakfast for Dinner
Eggs, folded over. +
Sweet Potato Hash with : Bacon, spinach, tomato, garlic, Anaheim pepper, and Serrano

Dessert: Dried apricots + sunflower seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment