Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Paleo Challenge: Day 3 + Crossfit Recovery



It was an odd day for sure.

I woke up at 4 am -- wide awake, ready to start the day. I persuaded myself to fall asleep at around 4:30 only to wake up again three hours later. Who wake up at 7:30 on a Sunday?? Right?  Back to sleep I went till 10 am.

I wasn't hungry at all this morning, not even enough to eat a banana. So I set about my day.

I showed up at the box for open gym at around 11:30 am, practiced a little bit of everything: GHD, Muscle ups, Knees to Toes ( though its more like knee lifts at this point lol), and a bit of jump roping.

J came in to start the "Recovery" Class at Noon, and guess how we started??

" Give me 15 minutes of activity, I want you sweating" 

 "Ahhh, I thought thats what I had been doing for the past twenty minutes "

So then I found myself going for a 400 meter run, spending some time on the row machine, and doing weighted back lunges. Good times, I was dripping sweat.

We spent the rest of the class learning self massage techniques. I had no idea  my hips could get that tight/sore!! Yeesh!

After class we had a brief info session on the Paleo Challenge. Technically, it starts tomorrow, but I've started since Friday. Why put off something thats going to be good for you, right?

After all that, I made a quick trip to Sprouts and Trader Joes.

Finally, at 3pm, I had my first bite of food, 3 oz of Trader Joes'  Beef Jerky.

The family wanted dinner at 4:30, so I sauteed some onions, pasilla chilis, mushroom and garlic with a bit of olive oil and garlic.

They put the sauteed goodness on their burgers, and I just ate it along with the beef patty- no bread, no cheese of course. 

Arugula salad seems to be my favorite at the moment, but I was barely able to eat half, I felt so stuffed!

Around 6 pm, I made a quick smoothie:

1/2 cup plain coconut milk
1 cup frozen cherry blend from Trader Joes
1 small banana

Confession: I may did have 1/4 cup of chili I was making tonight for the rest of the week, at around 9 pm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment