Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Paleo + My first crossfit casualty


8 am Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg with green onions, topped with Siracha. OMG that stuff is spicy, but so good! I ate maybe 2/3 of the egg this time? I'm really missing the fluffy eggs I used to make with a touch of cream and cheese. Maybe the next egg breakfast should include bacon?  Truly, all I wanted for breakfast was a piece of fruit. But fruit is a sugar and I'm determined to limit my sugar intake, so I held off on the fruit until later in the day.

10am Snack - 1 oz of Beef Jerky

12:30  Lunch - I tried to come up with a Paleo friendly Panang curry. Accepting the fact that I just get full faster, I only used 1 1/2 chicken tenders; some diced carrots, celery and bellpeppers; red curry paste; almond butter ( instead of peanut); Coconut milk ( the one in a milk container, not canned); and a touch of coconut oil, because I couldn't taste any coconut.  I think my proportions of almond butter to every think else was off, once I get this recipe down I'll go ahead and post it. I ended up just picking the chicken out of the curry and eating that. But, I don't want to waste the leftovers, so I'm envisioning turning it into a soup.... 

1:30 Snack - Paleo smoothie: Coconut milk, kale, mango and banana 

4:30 Dinner - 1/2 cup beanless chili

Then came the WOD......

A Sledge hammer met my  Shin. This happened.
  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment