Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Paleo Challenge Day 4 + Benchmark WOD


 I woke up at 3:30 am wide awake, then again at 5:30 and finally at 7. I wonder how long this will last. If the paleo challenge didn't require we aim for 8 hours of sleep a night, I might just get out of bed earlier.

Breakfast @8 am: 1 egg scrambled with sauteed mushrooms. I ate half and felt full. I'm realizing that a lot of "eating" is more about satisfying the palate for a specific taste or texture. We crave salty, sour, sweet, crunchy, soft, chewy.  I was hungry in the morning, but I felt content after eating just half the egg. I took the other half to work thinking I might eat it later, but my coworker told me she was hungry so i gave it to her. Problem solved :)

I noticed my tongue feels funny today, kinda like I burned it. I initially thought it might be a symptom of detox but after some research discovered its a symptom of Ketosis, which means I'm burning fat, yay!

Snack @ 10 am - 1 oz beef jerky

Oh, another symptom of ketosis -- you get thirsty. I had 9 cups water by noon

Lunch @noon 1 - 1/2 cup beanless chili; Paleo smoothie: 1/2 cup plain coconut milk, 1 cup frozen tropical fruit, 1 small banana

Snack @ 2:30 pm - 2 oz beef jerky

By 3:20  I'd had 12 cups of water. I was also getting rather antsy at work... dreaming of going outside for fresh air, a walk anything. Uhm, there is also the urge to eat when I'm bored, but I'm ignoring it. 

Another interesting development: I used to have trouble getting oxygen into my lungs, especially while/after eating. I thought it was related to stress and/ or anxiety but today I noticed its gone :) I wonder what food I was allergic to? Gluten? dairy? legumes? 

17 cups of water by 5:30 pm

Dinner @ 5:45pm  Wasn't very hungry for dinner and didnt have much time before daily WOD =. Result: cucumber + red bell pepper w/ salt, pepper, dried mint, balsamic vinegar 
Smoothie: 1 cup frozen fruit, 1 banana, 1/2 cup coconut milk

Done eating by 6:15 pm

 Who says a girl has to wait till there is a special guy in her life to enjoy flowers in her office??  I bought these beautiful flower at Trader Joes on my lunch break. Did I mention I love flowers  ???


 Today's WOD was a benchmark WOD. I'll do it again in a month, hopefully with lots of improvement.

Annie - The pushups in Annie killed me, I have no problem lifting my chest off the group, but it feels like my derriere weighs a ton LOL  I know I looked ridiculous but at least I working on improving :) I had just started my 10th round of pull ups when time was called.

Cindy - Cindy was good for my beginner crossfit ego -- finish it in 14:29, under the Rx 15 minute mark... except instead of doubleunders I did 3x singles.

Hope there is a huge difference in a month!!

23 cups of water


No comments:

Post a Comment